Presently dog squad (K-9) of AEGIS comprises nine well trained German Shepherd Dog. Ex dog trainer from Remount, Veterinary and Farms Corps (RVFC) of Bangladesh Army are detailed to handle the dogs for ensuring appropriate training.
K-9 is dedicated to deploy for below mentioned purposes:
- Detecting explosives, drugs
- To perform the task of security checks at different national and international event venues
Training of K-9:
The training of the dog starts at the age of six to nine months. Followings are the type of training for K-9:
- Tracker Dog Training
- Explosives Detection Dog Training
- Narcotics Detection Dog Training
- Search Dog Training
- Guard Dog Training
- Dogs and handlers are imparted training in disciplines as specified and demanded as per requirby their respective departments.
- The training period can be extended (minimum 12 weeks) if the performance of the dog and/or handler is not found satisfactory at any stage during the course.
Inclusion of AEGIS Dog Squad (K-9) has added dimension to ensure absolute security in public events